Thursday, August 25, 2016

Sweet Potato Falafel Bowls with Jalapeno Ranch Dressing


OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO baby this meal was so damn good.  I am on vacation now so I am having a blast in the kitchen. This recipe is a bit of a project, but it's nothing you can't handle.  I promise.


The dressing is fantastic.  Don't skip it.


I used a 90 second packaged brown rice to make the falafels come together a little quicker.


Sweet Potato Falafel Bowls with Jalapeno Ranch Dressing

Ingredients
1 sweet potato, peels and cut into chunks
1 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
1/2 cup almonds, or other nut
1 egg
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup flour
oil for frying

1 container of plain Greek yogurt, the 5.3 oz kind
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp white vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper
*If you have dill and chives, toss some in.  I didn't have any, but Lindsey used them in her dressing.

cooked rice, I made my cilantro lime rice
kale/spinach
tomatoes, I oven roasted some grape tomatoes
corn
crumbled goat cheese

1. For the falafel, pulse sweet potato in a food processor until finely minced.  Add in rice, egg, almonds, and salt. Pulse until combined.  Pour mixture into a bowl and stir in flour.
2. Heat oil in a skillet. Form falafel into balls or patties.  Fry each falafel a few minutes on each side until browned and crispy.
3. The next set of ingredients is for the dressing.  I used an immersion blender to combine them.
4. The last set of ingredients is for your bowl assembling.  A scoop of rice on the bottom, falafel, veggies, top it all with cheese and jalapeno ranch dressing.


Oh. My. God. I want to eat this so many more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment