Monday, August 15, 2016

Zucchini Bread

I know, you think I'm nuts because I am giving you a recipe for baked goods when it's been over 100 degrees for days on end.  Here's the thing though, I made it in a loaf pan so it fit in the toaster so, no heating the whole damn house! Victory!


Zucchini Bread
From Emeril

1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup shredded zucchini

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan.
2. With a mixer combine butter, oil, and sugar. Cream until smooth. Add egg, mix until combined.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.  Then fold in zucchini. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until skewer comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.


Zucchini bread is one of those recipes that reminds me of home.  Emeril did not disappoint me with the recipe.  Absolute perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment