Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat! YES! All the things!
I am going to let you guys in on a MAJOR secret here. You can make pizza dough in about 10 minutes with no resting and waiting for it to rise! And it tastes exactly like it should. This dough recipe is a serious game changer. Make it with whatever toppings you like or mix up some buffalo chicken mac and cheese calzones like I did.
Quick No-Rise Pizza Dough
From The New York Times
1 package fast rising yeast
1 cup hot water (120-130 degrees)
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1. Mix yeast and 1 cup flour in a large bowl. Stir in hot water. Stir in second cup of flour and salt until a dough ball forms.
2. Using some of the last cup of flour, dust your kneading surface. Knead dough for 5 minutes, slowly adding in the remaining flour as needed.
3. THAT'S IT! Can you believe it!?
Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
1 box mac and cheese
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
2 cups shredded chicken
2 tbsp hot sauce of your liking (like it hotter? add more as you see fit)
3 scallions, chopped
1 cup blue cheese
1. Boil mac and cheese according to package directions, drain, stir in milk and butter and cheese packet.
2. Mix in chicken, scallions, and blue cheese.
The dough recipe makes enough for 4 calzones. The mac and cheese recipe gives you plenty of extra for lunch the next day.
Bake the calzones in a 500 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Serve with extra hot sauce and blue cheese dressing for dipping.
Ok, I need to be done with this post because it is making me want to cook these up again...