Sunday, March 14, 2010

Debatable Failure

Backstory: A few months ago my sister introduced me to the compost cookie at Momufuku Milk Bar this magical cookie includes pretzels, coffee, potato chips, oats, butterscotch, and chocolate chips. Needless to say ever since that wondrous day in September I have been dreaming of these cookies. One of the blogs I subscribe to recently posted a copycat recipe for these cookies, dreams really do come true!

I put chocolate chips, pretzels, and potato chips into my cookie dough:

And here is where things go wrong. The recipe said to let the dough firm up in the refrigerator for at least and hour and up to one week. Now let's be honest here, I was no sitting around for an hour waiting for cookie dough to firm up. I wanted a compost cookie and I wanted it now.

Well, well, surprise! Looks like recipes are written a specific way for a reason because my cookies pretty much turned into a puddle:


I will say they were still delightfully chewy and absolutely delicious. Here is a close up shot:


I will most definitely make these again and may not even bother to chill the dough since they came out incredibly addicting regardless.

I did not make a dinner this Saturday, but check out this awesome stack of waffles we whipped up Sunday morning:
I was glad I inadvertently made these on Pi Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment