Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Apple Galette


Ooooh apple galette.  Doesn't that just sound so fancy? I think it does.  I have wanted to make a galette for ages for the sole reason that it sounds fancy.

There is in fact nothing fancy about this dessert.  It is incredibly quick and simple to make.  The most difficult part is peeling and chopping the apples.

I used this recipe from Picky Palate as inspiration.  As usual she over does things a bit by adding Rolos.  That seemed really unnecessary to me so I opted out of them and also used pumpkin pie spice because it's way cooler than just cinnamon.

Sooo here's all you need to do: saute up the apples, butter, sugar, pumpkin pie spice.


Dump it onto a pie crust (how do you like this action shot?!)


Fold up the crust around the edges.


And here she is fresh outta the oven.


Of course this must be eaten warm and topped with a scoop of ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment