Monday, January 16, 2012

Vegetable Rice Soup

I am far too proud of myself for this one because I did not use any sort of recipe.  I searched the web for vegetable rice soups, but was dissatisfied with the outcome (mainly because they all requested ingredients I did not have on hand).

I sauteed up some garlic and onions in olive oil.  Then used vegetable broth as the base and added in a can of tomato sauce for extra flavor and color.  I dumped in a bag of frozen mixed vegetables, some leftover broccoli, and white rice.  The rice cooks right in the the soup pot (hooray 1 pot meals!).


I wish soup was more interesting to take pictures of.  I will say I had some very satisfied customers at restaurant 350 (this is what I've decided to call my kitchen) that evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment