Friday, November 16, 2012

Tamale Pie

This is a dinner I've been meaning to re-make for a while now.  The first time I made it I took some really awful photographs that I just couldn't allow myself to post on this blog.

The original recipe for chicken tamale pie can be seen at pinch of yum's blog here.  The first time I made it with chicken, this time around I doubled the recipe and made it vegetarian with zucchini.


Here's the ingredient line-up.  I used a real egg and not egg substitute the recipe calls for.


I was going to take a picture of how disgusting the corn bread layer looks in the mixing bowl so we could all laugh about it, but it was really just to gross to permanently put on the web.  Instead here is a lovely photo of the finished product.


Instead of an image of the gross mixing bowl I'll let you have this unappealing photo to remember me by.  I know it does look spectacular, but trust me its crazy good.  One eater claimed "this is quite possibly the best thing you have ever made. ever."  P.S. it was not my mother, so it gets even more credibility.

Make it for dinner this week, I promise you'll love every last bite of it.

2 comments:

  1. i made this for tj and me and oh my goodness was it delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! im glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete