Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Butternut Squash Blue Cheese Pizza

pizza

This little beauty is all me. Ok, mostly me and part my lovely assistant.  Not sure what made me want to put butternut squash on a pizza.  Perhaps because it's fall and this is just the kind of pizza you should have on a dreary Autumn evening.

This is a sauce-less pizza.  I promise you won't miss the sauce.  I gave it an extra drizzle of olive oil on top in case it got too dry.

IMG_8684

I used fresh mozzarella in addition to the blue cheese because I thought blue cheese alone would be a bit intense.  Also, fresh mozzarella is delicious and I shouldn't feel the need to rationalize it's usage.

IMG_8686

I pre-roasted the butternut squash with olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme.  The squash was diced and frozen initially.

I loved this change of pace from typical pizza toppings and I assure you that you will as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment