Sunday, October 20, 2013

Slow Cooker Short Ribs

IMG_8696

I had short ribs for the first time a few months ago at a super fancy restaurant.  Since then I have been wondering if I would be capable of cooking them up on my own.  Stop and Shop clearly heard my pleas because short ribs were on sale last week! Who knew they even carried such a delicious item at a regular supermarket? Not me that's for sure.

IMG_8693

I used this recipe from Fifteen Spatulas for easy crockpot beef short ribs.  Alterations that occurred: used red onion and chicken stock because that's what I had on hand and no bay leaves or grapeseed oil (just used olive oil).

IMG_8692

The short ribs get browned in a skillet before hopping into the crockpot.

IMG_8695

I served them on top of mashed potatoes and I couldn't be happier.  This was a really easy impressive meal.  I would highly recommend it if you'd like to dazzle some dinner guests.  They don't have to know how easy it was to put together!

No comments:

Post a Comment