Saturday, February 25, 2012

Carintas

I've been meaning to use the slow cooker I received for Christmas for ages now and I finally had the foresight to do some ahead of time meal planning that is needed when slow cooking.

Check it out, it's got a glass lid so I can watch my food for the 8 hours it cooks for!


Carnitas. Just say it to yourself. Carneeeeetaaaas. I love saying almost as much as I love eating it.


I used this recipe for carnitas as a guide, but I made a truck load of changes.  1. I used a pork loin 2. I used tomato sauce and diced tomatoes 3. I was too short to notice the orange juice in the fridge so I omitted it. 4. I took the easy way out and just used some minced garlic we have in a jar 5. No cayenne, those chipotles are enough spice for me.


Feast your eyes on my kickass taco:


I hope you can all acknowledge how much my food photography has improved from the start of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment