Monday, February 6, 2012

Guinness Birthday Cake

Yea you read that correctly. Guinness. Birthday. Cake. Chocolate too, with chocolate morsels inside!


I found this oh so simple recipe courtesy of Nigella Lawson (I never met her, but I love her).  I omitted the icing and added chocolate chips because everything is better with chocolate chips. Plus the birthday boy is a serious chip-aholic.


Just a light dusting of powdered sugar is all this beauty needed.


Beware: cake without frosting is trouble because it too easily becomes a hand food.


After making this I thought perhaps I should stop being so damn lazy using cake mixes because this was pretty easy and pretty freaking delicious. Hmmmmm.....KTC not taking short cuts? using accurate measurements? I'm not so sure it would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment