Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Calabacitas Casserole

Apparently it's Mexican week here.  This is in part because of the cilantro supply after Cinco de Mayo.  I've been wanting to cook some polenta for a while now and found this Rachel Ray recipe among my internet polenta exploration.

Calabacitas casserole with polenta and cheese was simple and satisfying. Changes: the yellow squash didn't look too good at the market so I used 3 zucchini, 2 cups of cheese seemed like crazy excess so I just covered the top and saved the rest, no scallions.


All the veggies sauteing in the pan 


Pour the veggies in a 13x9 pan, topped them with Mexican stewed tomatoes and cilantro.


Top the veggie mix with slices of polenta and plenty of cheese.


 All ooey gooey cheesy goodness.


Honestly I think my father and I had 4 portions each so you it was good eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment