Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Fifth of May o en Espanol, El Cinco de Mayo

I loooooooved that Cinco de Mayo was on a Saturday this year.  It gave me free range to spend the entire day preparing dinner. Honestly is that not your ideal Saturday?

Let us first begin with dessert, tres leches cake!  I used this recipe from Senorita Crocker.  


Here we have all tres of the leches.


Check out this killer action shot taken by my lovely assistant.  I poked the cake with a fork about a 100 times so it could soak up maximum leche.


OK, I wasn't sure what to do in terms of decoration so I half-assed it, get off my back about it alright?

Moving on to dinner!  I used this recipe from Vanilla Sugar for the teriyaki beef tacos with ginger miso slaw.


I chose to marinate the london broil whole just to save my dad from extra grill work.  This marinade was crazy good.  I also whipped up some guacamole with my new chopper, it was all very exciting.


Open wide!

I hope you all had some tasty Mexican food this weekend, if not I have some leftovers...

No comments:

Post a Comment