Thursday, May 24, 2012

Spring Risotto

Let me just tell you why I was so excited to cook risotto: you have to constantly stir it.  Whenever I cook I have to use every ounce of self control not to constantly stir, poke, or prod the food.  It was an absolute pleasure to be forced to constantly stir a dish for 30 minutes.

I discovered that most risotto recipes have the same basic ingredients: arborio rice, stock, and a veggie.  Of course I ended up using this recipe from the most serious Italian cooks I could find, the Neelys, to get the rice to liquid proportions and added in asparagus and corn as my veggies.


Here we have the very start of the rice, onion, and wine cooking away.


When all the stock is added I tossed in the asparagus and corn that I had steamed.


In the words of the Kool-Aid guy Ooooooooooooooooo yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment