Sunday, September 9, 2012

Starry Night

For the past 4 months I have been working on an incredibly difficult and amazingly frustrating 1,000 piece Starry Night puzzle.  You can see the completed project below.


It seemed only right that I honor or celebrate the completion of this beauty that has occupied my life for so long.  I give you: Starry Night puzzle cake!


These are the ingredients, I followed this recipe for a simple white cake.


I dyed the mix yellow and blue in attempts to mimic the painting. 


Then I swirled the two colors in another attempt to mimic the painting.


Then I did this ridiculously adorable piping to make it look like a puzzle!  I must admit I was pretty proud of myself for this bit.   Too cute right?





Here is a lovely close up of the completed cake.  Hooray for my puzzle being finished and for a delicious cake to eat!

3 comments:

  1. Nothing better than a simple, homemade cake. Good job w the puzzle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete