Sunday, September 9, 2012

Starry Night

For the past 4 months I have been working on an incredibly difficult and amazingly frustrating 1,000 piece Starry Night puzzle.  You can see the completed project below.


It seemed only right that I honor or celebrate the completion of this beauty that has occupied my life for so long.  I give you: Starry Night puzzle cake!


These are the ingredients, I followed this recipe for a simple white cake.


I dyed the mix yellow and blue in attempts to mimic the painting. 


Then I swirled the two colors in another attempt to mimic the painting.


Then I did this ridiculously adorable piping to make it look like a puzzle!  I must admit I was pretty proud of myself for this bit.   Too cute right?





Here is a lovely close up of the completed cake.  Hooray for my puzzle being finished and for a delicious cake to eat!

2 comments: