Sunday, April 7, 2013

300th Post- Homemade Mozzarella!!!

300

Yea, you read that title correctly.  I made my own mozzarella.  Like really made it, from milk. Serious stuff. Be amazed.  I sure as hell was!

To be quite honest with you, it wasn't even that difficult.  I used these directions from The Kitchn.

IMG_7269

This is the ingredient line-up.  The strange ingredients (citric acid and rennet) were given to me as a Christmas present for this purpose, I believe you can easily order them on Amazon.

IMG_7271

After you mix the citric acid and rennent and let it set for a few minutes the curds start to form.

IMG_7272

Then you strain the curds from the whey and get ready to start microwaving it for 30 seconds at a time.

IMG_7276

After just a minute in the microwave, a few fun turns folding the curds (fyi its 135 degrees as I'm folding it with my hands) it turns into real cheese! Amazing!!

Now as if that wasn't enough to dazzle you.  Guess what I did with this fresh mozzarella? Stuffed it inside burger!

PicMonkey Collage

I put a nice hunk of mozzarella between two beef patties and grilled it along with some balsamic glazed tomatoes and Texas toast garlic bread. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it was incredible.

IMG_7289

Drool all over your keyboard.  It's OK, no one is watching.

Thanks for sticking with me through 300 posts everyone!  I appreciate everyone one of your likes, clicks, and comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment