Thursday, September 3, 2015

Homemade Vegetable Dip

You guys, you can tell Knorr's you don't need them any more.  I did it.  I cracked the vegetable dip code.  After spending endless hours (okay, minutes) searching the net for a copycat recipe, I decided I can do it all on my own!

And I did!

Your next bbq guests can thank me.


Ingredients

2 tbsp diced carrot
1 tbsp diced celery
2 tbsp diced onion
1 bouillon cube, chicken or vegetable
1/2 cup baby spinach, sliced in a chiffonade (thin ribbons)
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp cilantro, optional
black pepper, to taste
1 cup sour cream

1. Place carrot, celery, and onion in a small pan heated with oil.  Mash up the bouillon cube a bit and stir it in with the veggies.
2. When vegetables have softened, stir in spinach until wilted.  Allow mixture to cool.
3. In a bowl mix sour cream, cooled vegetables, cilantro, and pepper to taste. Serve with your favorite dippers.


You know in that vegetable soup packet there is always that rogue pea.  Well, no one has to eat that weird lonely pea any more!

I hope you delight in this small victory as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment