Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Bangkok Curry Noodles

Ok stop reading this right now. Skip to the ingredient list, and get cooking!

You need these noodles more than you know.  I am already planning my next noodle dinner because I need more of it and I can't wait!


I used carrots that I made ribbon-y with a peeler, no Vegetti necessary, onions, and broccoli.  Use whatever vegetables you have on hand.  Anything goes!


Bangkok Curry Noodles
From Adapted from Pinch of Yum

Ingredients

For the sauce:
1 tbsp oil
1 small onion, shallot if you're fancy
1 tbsp grated ginger
2 tbsp red curry paste
1 14 oz can coconut milk
1 ladle of pasta water
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp sriracha
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce

For the noodles:
1 lb spaghetti
2 carrots, peeled into ribbons*
1 cup chopped broccoli*
a bit of oil to cook the veggies
sesame seeds

*or assorted vegetables of your choice, anything goes!

1. Begin cooking spaghetti according to package directions.
2.  Heat oil in a medium saucepan.  Saute onions and ginger until onions have softened.  Add curry paste, coconut milk, sugar, sriracha, sugar, fish sauce, and soy sauce.  Simmer 15 minutes.
3. Cook up your veggies in a large skillet with some oil. I know, you now have 3 pans on the stove.  I promise you can do this.
4. When pasta is done, take some of the water to thin the sauce to your desired consistency.
5. Drain pasta and add it to the vegetable skillet.  Toss with sauce and top with sesame seeds.
6. Eat way too many bowls and be so exited for the leftovers.


YESSS! More more more! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment