Monday, October 15, 2012

I Got an Award!....And Also Ate Some Tasty Things

Apparently people visit blogs and nominate them for awards.  And apparently someone thought my blog was worthy of an award.  That my friends, is quite exciting.


Check it out kids, I was awarded the Illuminating Blogger Award for illuminating, informative blog content.  CJ over at Food Stories nominated me.  It's a pretty great blog that I recommend you go check out.  Thanks again CJ!  Here is a link to the award site.  

I am expected to include a random fact about myself sooooo here goes: I'm going to Alaska in May and I'm so insanely excited about it.  Seriously counting down the days, 207 to be exact.

Now, what you really came here to see are the crazy delicious things I consumed this weekend.  For lunch on Saturday we hit up this glorious sandwich shop called Juliebelle's in Great Neck.  They have about 100 amazing sandwiches to choose from so I can't say it was easy making a decision.  Drool over their menu here.


Sandwich #1 the Rio Grande: chicken cutlet, guacamole, pico de gallo, sour cream, fire roasted peppers, caramelized onions and pepper jack cheese.


Garlic Parmesan fries.  These were so ridiculously good.  I could go on and on about them all day.


Sandwich #2 Hot Chix: chicken cutlet, homemade garlic wing sauce, lettuce, tomato, blue cheese on toasted garlic bread.

As if those sandwiches didn't look and sound good enough I wanted to inform you that their chicken cutlets are coated with panko bread crumbs and Corn Flakes! Amazing!

Don't worry, I cooked some pretty awesome stuff recently so get excited for more posts this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment