Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Spaghetti with Broccoli Cream Pesto

Ok, let's start out by saying I didn't put any cream in this.  I wasn't about to go to the store to get  8 tablespoons of cream.  I apologize for the false pretenses this post is filed under.  But I promise you, it's still great even without the cream.

IMG_7103

Spaghetti with broccoli cream pesto comes from Smitten Kitchen.  For my version I used frozen broccoli florets instead of fresh because that's what I had on hand.  Since I didn't have cream, I used whole milk.  I also doubled the recipe because I think we all know that you should never make less than a pound of pasta. Ever.

IMG_7105

Check me out, garnishing dishes with fresh parsley.

This recipe is fantastic! I bet it's also a sneaky way to get your kids to eat their broccoli, shhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment