Monday, February 11, 2013

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

IMG_7094

Friday we got a pretty serious snow storm.  So serious that even though we opened school for half a day, only 1 kid showed up in my class.  I got a nice early start on dinner because of said snow storm early dismissal.  That meant, Crock Pot time!

IMG_7085

I though this dreary winter storm day required a nice warm bowl of soup so I chose this recipe for baked potato soup.  I didn't use cream of chicken soup because I didn't have any.  Instead I threw in some milk, butter, and flour to make it creamy.  I also didn't have the frozen shredded potatoes, so I shredded my own potatoes.

IMG_7081

I added some grated some cheddar cheese and scallions to the finished soup, some bacon crumbles would have been spectacular.

IMG_7082

More snow might be on the way, so get yourself some baked potato soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment