Monday, March 18, 2013

Cheesy Baked Orzo with Eggplant

I'm really very sorry it's been almost a week since I last posted.  I had two plans to cook that were thwarted as well as a slight bought of laziness.

But I'm back!

IMG_7213

Dinner tonight was an awesome recipe from Smittten Kitchen, baked orzo with eggplant and mozzarella.  I'll let you all know a few things about how I followed this recipe: no tomato paste, no onion, no fresh oregano, used canned tomatoes instead of fresh.  I was really scared about not cooking the pasta first, it cooks in the vegetable stock in the oven.  I trusted Deb because in all honestly she sure knows how to cook way better than I do.  Of course she didn't let me down.  This dish is incredible.

IMG_7208

Lots of veggie chopping in this recipe, but don't let that turn you off.

IMG_7209

Carrots, tomatoes, and celery cooking while the cooked eggplant hangs out in the background.

IMG_7211

Cheesy goodness.  Only problem? Definitely need to double the recipe next time.  No leftovers = disappointing lunch for me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment