Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Melting Pot

I apologize for making you kids wait an extra day for a post, but unfortunately I was hit with a bout of a stomach bug that had me down for the count yesterday.  I won't get into too many details about it, but it was not fun.  Now that that's over, time to eat!

Some of you might recall that I won 100 big ones for photo of the year.  I used this money the only way I know how, feasting!   I had an awesome meal at the Melting Pot and I'm going to re-live the entire experience for you right now.

IMG_7152

This was our first course, yea fyi we had a 4 course meal tonight.  We got the Wisconsin trio which was a mix of Fontina, Butterkäse and buttermilk bleu cheeses with white wine, scallions and a hint of sherry annnnnnnnnnnnd it was delicious!  The cheese course comes with 3 kinds of bread, apples, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and apples.

IMG_7154 

Sorry for that awful photo, really should have turned the flash on.  This was course number two, salad time.  I got the California which had mixed baby salad greens, Roma tomatoes, candied pecans and Gorgonzola cheese with raspberry black walnut vinaigrette.  It was tasty enough and also not totally necessary in the grand scheme of the meal.

IMG_7156

On to the main course!  I got the land and sea combo which was chicken, shrimp, and filet mignon.  We chose the seasoned court bouillon cooking method.  The main course comes with sides of potatoes, broccoli, and mushrooms.  They also serve up six different dipping sauces....six!!!

IMG_7157

And the grand finale..... chocolate and peanut butter fondue!  OOOOOOOOOOOOhhh the gloriousness of  chocolate and peanut butter fondue mere words cannot describe.  Now be amazed at the dippers included in the dessert portion: cheesecake, brownies, red velvet cake, rice krispie treats, graham cracker and Oreo covered marshmallows, strawberries, and bananas!

Dessert was a clear winner for me, but the whole meal and experience itself was great.  This was definitely an extravagant meal, in terms of money.  The four courses takes about 2 and a half hours total so as your evening entertainment I thought it was well worth the money.  We were asked on more than one occasion what we were celebrating, which was nothing, so they definitely know that their restaurant is not something people would frequent often (despite the fact that the people in the booth next to use said they have been "hundreds of times" at 13 different locations).

All in all The Melting Pot comes highly recommended by KTC.  It's a fun night out and some seriously tasty food.  Although it's a pricey affair I felt that the experience was worth the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment