Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spinach Eggs in a Hashbrown Crust

I love making breakfast for dinner.  It's also a really easy way to make a solid vegetarian meal.

This dish was a fly by the seat of my pants sorta meal.  I knew I wanted to make eggs with a hashbown-esque crust, but couldn't really find a recipe that I loved.

Here's what I did.  First up, shred a bunch of potatoes and an onion with the cheese grater.  Brown up the onions in the pan with some olive oil, then toss in the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.  Then I patted this mixture flat and even to make the crust.

IMG_7177

For the egg layer I scrambled up 8 eggs, chopped spinach, parmesan cheese, some milk, salt and pepper.  I cooked it on the stove top for a few minutes and the finished it up in the broiler.

IMG_7179

I served this up with some English muffins and really wished I had a nice piece of fruit to go with it as well.

IMG_7183

I must say, for a totally impromptu meal, this was a great success.  Make it for dinner, make it for breakfast, you decide.  The hardest part is peeling the potatoes and really, is that so hard?


No comments:

Post a Comment