Friday, September 20, 2013

Chipotle Corn Fettuccine

More corn!  This recipe came from Pinch of Yum.  She calls it "healthy" chipotle sweet corn fettuccine, but I'm not sure how healthy it is.  It has Greek yogurt, but it also has heavy cream.   Perhaps the two cancel each other out and equal zero calories?

IMG_8619

The only change I made to the recipe was that I used frozen corn.  I know it's summer and corn is wonderful and plentiful, but let's get real, I'm lazy. Check me out with my store brand foods! I'm lazy and cheap!

IMG_8620

This recipe is a great way to mix up you're weeknight pasta rotation.

IMG_8622

Oh, and here's a trick with the chipotle peppers.  You will most likely not use an entire can with whatever you are cooking.  Just take what you need from the can, and freeze the rest in a Ziplock bag.  The freezer is a magical time machine that will keep your chipotles nice and fresh whenever you need them next.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment