Sunday, September 29, 2013

Verde Chicken Tacos

These tacos were made using a new product called Kraft Recipe Makers.  They have a bunch of different flavors.  We used the Verde Chicken Enchiladas package.  Each Recipe Makers package comes with two sauces and a few different recipes to use the sauces with.

IMG_8637

The Verde Chicken Enchiladas comes with a tomatillo sauce and a creamy ranchero sauce.  I chose not to follow the recipes on the box and just made up my own.  I cooked the chicken, shredded it, and cooked it a little more with one of the tomatillo sauce packets.  Then I used the ranchero sauce as a topping along with cheese, for the chicken tacos.

IMG_8638

I was quite pleased with these 2 sauces.  What ended up being really great about them was that we didn't use the whole product in one meal.  That means for the $3 I paid, I can get another meal out of it.  I was cooking for 2 and we did have some leftovers.

I am looking forward to purchasing another Kraft Recipe Makers sauce pack.  But which one???

No comments:

Post a Comment