Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving, a Retrospective

This year, I cooked up a Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday for me and Chris since we wouldn't be spending Thanksgiving together.

The menu consisted of stuffing, mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, and turkey cutlets.

IMG_8848

For the stuffing I added sauteed carrots, onions, and celery to a bagged stuffing mix.

IMG_8847

The mashed potatoes were mixed with sauteed corn and red onion and topped with paprika and Fritos.

IMG_8846

The brussel sprouts were mixed in a dijon balsamic vinaigrette with pecans, blue cheese, and craisins.  This was my favorite dish of the night.  You can find the recipe over at Two Peas and Their Pod. The recipe does not call for you to cook the brussel sprouts, but I did.  I sauteed them in a bit of olive oil with the pecans.  Best brussel sprouts ever!

IMG_8844

I placed a sage leaf on each turkey cutlet and sauteed them in a frying pan.

IMG_8852

My contribution to my family's Thanksgiving meal were these adorable cheese ball turkeys!  I mixed cream cheese, 2 cups of an Italian blend of shredded cheeses, and sage to make the balls.  Then I rolled them in chopped pecans, put craisins for the eyes, cheese for a beak, and sliced almonds for the feathers.

IMG_8854

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  I'm giving thanks to you guys for another record breaking month here on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment