Apple Cinnamon Granola
3 cups oats, not quick cooking
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup vegetable oil
apple chips, recipe follows
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 300. Mix oats, sugar, cinnamon, salt, honey, and oil in a large bowl.
2. Spread granola onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Stir granola and cook for 5-10 minutes more, until granola is golden brown.
3. Mix in almonds and apple chips. Let granola cool at room temperature. Granola will harden as it cools. Store in an air tight container.
1 apple, thinly sliced
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 200. Place apples on a greased cookie sheet in an even layer and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
2. Cook apples for 2 hours, until crisped. Crumble to add to granola mix.
This granola is crazy delicious and I can't wait to whip up another batch for myself.
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!