Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Ice Cream Cake

Before we get down to the business of the cake, I just wanted to let you all know a little something amazing.


I am the proud owner of a KitchenAid stand mixer!  It's pretty darn exciting so I took some glamour shots for you. It comes with a paddle attachment guys!  Like the real cooking shows use all the time!


Ok, I'm done making a stink over that...moving right along...

This is not a frozen cake.  This is a cake made with ice cream... and cake mix.


Let me break that down for you because I know calling this an ice cream cake is a little confusing.

You take the ice cream and melt it down. Then you mix it with some eggs and cake mix.

Make sense now?

Melted Ice Cream Cake
From Cookies and Cups

Ingredients
1 box cake mix
2 cups ice cream, I used chocolate chip cookie dough
3 eggs

1. Measure out 2 cups of ice cream in a mixing bowl and set aside, allowing the ice cream to melt.
2. Preheat oven to 350.  Once ice cream is completely melted, mix in cake mix and 3 eggs.  Beat 2 minutes on medium speed.
3. Baking times will vary according to the pan you use.

I threw in some sprinkles and glazed my cake with some vanilla frosting that was microwaved for a few seconds.


I was really really excited about this cake and I'll say in the end it was a let down.  It tasted fine, but it tasted just like regular cake.  Maybe if I used a different flavor ice cream the results would have been different.  I was a bit disappointed in the under-whelming results.


No comments:

Post a Comment