Monday, February 15, 2010

Diners, Take Note

Every time I order a burger at a diner they present me with a bowl of coleslaw. It's wrong on so many levels, mayo being the first and most serious of offenses. I cringe as they bring it to the table like some tempting appetizer I'm supposed to lap up while waiting for my burger.

Now that I got that out of my system I give you: Spicy Thai Coleslaw!



I got this recipe from my Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives cookbook. It's from Joe's Farm Grill in Arizona. The slaw features ginger, garlic, sesame oil and seeds, rice wine vinegar, and other assorted non-mayo-based ingredients. Seriously, if diners could bring me this we could eliminate that awkward fake "thank you" I have to dish out when that other slaw is delivered.



*I apologize to anyone who actually relishes in the delight of the diner coleslaw delivery.*

No comments:

Post a Comment