Thursday, February 25, 2010

Partial Fail

I totally forgot to post about my Sunday morning breakfast treat. Perhaps this is because it is quite the unattractive product.

Anyway after months of lusting over pictures and descriptions of monkey bread (totalllly appetizing name I know) I decided to try my hand at it. There's really nothing to the recipe, biscuit dough cut into quarters rolled around in brown sugar and cinnamon and baked in the oven. Unfortunately I didn't grease the pan enough so the reveal was not as impressive as the taste. I made a cream cheese glaze for it which was quite delightful.

Here is my monkey bread:


Good god it's even uglier than I thought! Why am I showing this to the world?

Anyway check out what is should look like over at the Smitten Kitchen.

I will try to make a more beautiful one sometime in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment