Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Brewery Ommegang

Sorry kids, I haven't been cooking a whole lot lately.  One reason is I went on a super awesome weekend get away with my family.

IMG_7014

We traveled to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown and made a pit-stop on the way home at Howe Caverns.  I would highly recommend both of these places.  They impressed and fascinated me.  If you happen to want to take an upstate New York vacation check out these two joints.

IMG_6947

Our third event of the weekend was not to be outdone by the majestic sites at the Hall of Fame and Howe Caverns.  We went for a tour, tasting, and lunch at Brewery Ommegang.  I'm not going to tell you the tale of how terrifyingly hungry we were, the foul moods we were in, the crowded space, and the long wait.  I'm going to focus on the positives here.  Because I will say in the end, it was worth it.

IMG_6966

I mentioned how scary hungry we all were.  That being said, we started the meal off with 3 orders of Belgian frites.  Since each order came with 2 sauces, we got to try all 6 they had available: garlic aioli, truffle-soy aioli, spicy chili aioli, Abby Ale and cumin ketchup, and my personal favorite, mustard with Witte Ale and honey.

IMG_6971

I ordered the chicken and waffle: fried chicken on a Liege waffle with a vanilla and pepper sauce and strawberry jam.  I will let you know that this was most likely the most delicious chicken and waffle I've ever eaten.  Seriously amazing and I ate every last bite of it.

IMG_6972

Our bellies were full and our hearts were light again as we went off to our tour and tasting.  We sampled 6 different beers: Abby Ale, Witte, Three Philosophers, BPA, Rare Vos, and Hennepin.

IMG_6975

I must say, I had a pretty killer 3 day weekend.  P.S. Cooking will commence soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment