Saturday, January 12, 2013

Healthy Alfredo

You are not going to believe this one.  Seriously, I'm going to tell you this dinner was crazy delicious and you are just not going to buy a word of it.  Why is it so unbelievable? Because this alfredo sauce is made with....... wait for it..... cauliflower!!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaat?! Yea I know, it's nuts. But it's also damn good.

This brilliant recipe is from Pinch of Yum and I followed it as exactly as I could.

The way this recipe works, you cook the cauliflower in broth and then blend it up in the blender.  Below is a before shot.

IMG_6868

And now here's the cauliflower after being blended with a little milk, salt, pepper, garlic, and a pinch of nutmeg.  I was dazzled how easily this turned into a silky smooth sauce.

IMG_6869

Now, the original recipe didn't call for any Parmesan cheese whatsoever, but I mean let's get real here, I don't want to be that healthy.  Hey, I used milk instead of heavy cream so I could afford to live it up with the cheese alright?

IMG_6870

Trust me on this one, it's delicious.  Make it, you won't be sorry.  Also don't worry that busting out the blender makes this a complicated meal, it really isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment