Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Cookie Butter Swirl Brownies

If you didn't see my first post about pumpkin cookies with cookie butter, then welcome to the magical world of Speculoos cookie butter!  Now I wouldn't go as far to say it's better than peanut butter, but cookie butter does give it a run for it's money.

I promised you I'd do some baking soon and even though it's no one's birthday just yet, I baked.

I used this Alton Brown recipe for cocoa brownies.  I know, I know, Alton Brown's name conjures up images of dirtying a dozen kitchen utensils and prepping for countless hours.  This recipe is not like that at all, I promise.  Of course the one extra step he asked for (sifting the dry ingredients) I opted out of.

IMG_7048

For the cookie butter swirl, I melted about a cup of it in the microwave until it was soft enough that I could pour it.  Then I had a blast swirling it around with a knife.  I made this adorable heart.  It symbolizes my love for cookie butter and brownies and you.

IMG_7050

Now get this, this picture was taken in the darkness of night!  Thanks to my lightbox studio! Wooohooo!

IMG_7051

No comments:

Post a Comment