Friday, January 18, 2013

Deep Dish Polenta Pizza

I used this recipe from Real Simple as my inspiration for this meal.  I pretty much didn't follow a single instruction here, except for the amount of water to cook the polenta in.

I took this ingredient shot, but failed to include the spinach and the parmesan cheese that I also included.


I sauteed a box of frozen spinach in some olive oil with garlic, salt, and pepper and spread this mixture on the polenta crust.  Then came the tomato sauce and the mozzarella cheese.


I cooked it until the cheese got nice and golden brown and bubbly, about 30 minutes.


I served it up with a salad on the side.


This was a hit, there were no leftovers.  I will definitely make it again and maybe mix up the topping selection.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment