Sunday, November 3, 2013

Cheesy Stuffed Chicken

I set out to make this dish using this recipe.  As usual I ended up grabbing whatever I had on hand to make this so there were some substitutions.

IMG_8753

Things I didn't have: cheddar and bread crumbs.  I substituted havarti and cracker meal for those two ingredients.  I also thought it was necessary to use toothpicks to keep the cheese from melting out of the chicken.

IMG_8760

I was disappointed that the chicken didn't get nice and brown on the outside.  Maybe if I had cooked it longer? Or I had used breadcrumbs? Or if I fried it instead?

IMG_8762

Regardless of the lack of browning, this chicken was delicious! I'll admit I was hesitant about the cream cheese, but it makes such a nice creamy filling for the chicken.  This is definitely an nice change from your usual chicken dinner.  Try it!

Come back in a few days to read about the tasty Autumnal brussel sprout side dish I made along side this chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment