Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Brown Butter Brussel Sprouts with Apples

I recently fell in love with the November issue of Better Homes and Gardens.  They have a whole slew of delicious looking twists on traditional side dishes.  I'll be trying my best to cook my way through it this month so look forward to some Thanksgiving side dish inspiration coming your way!

IMG_8756

First up are these fantastic brown butter brussel sprouts with apples and rosemary.  This side dish is simple, straightforward, and perfect for fall.

IMG_8755

The BHG recipe calls for thyme, but I had fresh rosemary on hand and used that instead.  The smell of the butter and rosemary browning in the pan was spectacular.

IMG_8759

All of the flavors come together so nicely in this dish.  It would most definitely make a great side for your Thanksgiving spread.

IMG_8760

I served my sprouts alongside some stuffing and my cheesy stuffed chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment