Sometimes Friday nights can get lonely. When that happens I take on ridiculous projects, like this one.
There is nothing incredibly difficult about this recipe, but it is most definitely time consuming.
So if you need complicated recipes to fill the voids in your life, this one's for you kids.
3 boxes of Jello
2 boxes of unflavored gelatin
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
plenty of hot water
1. Mix can of condensed milk with 1 3/4 cups of hot water.
2. Mix 2 envelopes of gelatin with 1 1/4 cups of hot water. Combine with milk mixture and set aside.
3. Combine 1 Jello package, 1 envelope gelatin, and 1 1/2 cups hot water. Pour into a greased 13x9 pan and freeze for 15 minutes. Don't worry you won't taste the spray and the Jello squares will come out so easily.
4. Pour half of the milk mixture on top of frozen Jello.
5. Mix your second package of Jello as per instructions in step 3.
6. Pour the rest of the milk mixture on top of frozen Jello.
7. Mix your third package of Jello as per instructions in step 3.
8. Cut into squares and serve! The first one might be tricky to get out of the pan, but the rest will come out just fine. I promise.
Layer after layer after layer after layer after layer.
Well worth my Friday night. They look really impressive. You could do fun colors for different holidays or events too. Red white and blue for 4th of July, red and green for Christmas... you get the idea.
Note: the green layer is super thin because I had already used most of it for a preschool art project. I'm sure you have no queries about Jello art projects right? Good.