Friday, November 8, 2013

Cinnamon Apple Stuffed French Toast

Some days I wake up with recipes in my head.  Sunday morning was one of those days.  Cinnamon apple filling, cream cheese spread, stuffed inside french toast.  That's what was in my head when I woke up.  It had to be done.

IMG_8764

I thinly sliced half an apple* and kept the skins on.  I cooked them with butter, cinnamon, and sugar for a few minutes to soften them.

toast

I spread cream cheese on one side of the bread, apples on the other.  Once the sandwich was nicely mushed together, I dipped both sides in egg and cooked it up in more butter.

Sometimes dreams really do come true friends.

*Note this breakfast was just for me folks**.  If you are making more than one sandwich, use more apples as necessary.

**Yes, I made this breakfast just for me.  I know how to treat myself right.

No comments:

Post a Comment