Looking for something different to add to your Thanksgiving dessert menu? These pumpkin shortbread cookies with cream cheese frosting are exactly what you need.
They require minimal ingredients and effort which is great since you have about 30 other dishes to cook for the Thanksgiving meal.
It would be helpful if I actually posted recipes on this site wouldn't it? Let's give it a whirl.
Pumpkin Shortbread Cookies
From Cookies and Cups, with minor adjustments by KTC
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup corn starch
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter
3/4 powdered sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
cream cheese frosting, get a can, mix up some of your own, you decide. you won't need very much of it.
1. Preheat oven to 300.
2. Spray an 8x8 pan.
3. Beat butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
4. Beat in pumpkin puree.
5. Add dry ingredients until incorporated.
6. Bake for 60-70 minutes until the shortbread is firm.
7. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and cut into small squares.
8. Spread each square with cream cheese frosting and eat up!