Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Best. Salad. Ever.

I know what you are thinking...a salad? really?  Yes, a salad.  Don't worry it's probably not the healthiest salad out there, but it's a damn good one.

I saw the Contessa make this salad and knew that it needed to find its way into my stomach one day.  The recipe for mache with warm brie and apples was simple enough.  Let's just get one thing straight though.  I have no idea what mache is.  I have no interest in finding out what mache is. And I think I can be pretty certain when I say I'm not going to be able to find it at A&P.  That being said the change I made to this recipe was that I just used regular salad greens.

Moving right along to a glamour shot of some key ingredients.


Below you will find the most wonderful salad ingredient you never heard of: warm brie with honey and pistachios.


I even followed Ina's plating instructions and fanned out the apple slices and placed them next to the baguette   slices.



I defy you to find a tastier salad.

P.S. I used some left over salad from the night before so some raisins and carrots found there way into this even though Ina did not instruct me to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment