Saturday, September 15, 2012

Baked Egg Boats

I'm going to start out by saying I'm in a bit of a mood.  I wanted a more interesting weekend and that is just not going to happen.  I didn't even make my dinner interesting enough for myself.  This has been a day of disappointments so I apologize for not being overly enthused about what I cooked.

I was told to use a loaf of Italian bread in my dinner plan because it wouldn't been good for another day.  I had this recipe for baked eggs in a baguette sitting in my food I want to make someday board on pinterest for a while so that is the rationalization of this meal.  My disappointment is that I already had an egg and cheese bagel today so this was going to be a pretty redundant meal for me.

Step 1: you hallow out that loaf of bread.  The original recipe uses mini-baguettes, but I just used a whole loaf and cut it in thirds when it was cooked.


Step 2: prepare the filling.  The recipe called for pancetta, gruyere, and green onions.  Being that I had none of these items I called upon my resourcefulness and used tomatoes, basil, and provolone and parmesan cheese to add to my egg filling.


Step 3:  Dump the filling into the bread boat.


Here she is whole, fresh outta the oven.  The eggs get nice and puffed up, the cheese all melty and wonderful.


Below you can see my third of the egg boat.

This was a good meal, and I must add that my choice in filling fixins was quite marvelous, but it did leave me wanting more. Not in the fact that it wasn't enough food to consume for dinner, but just more something....

And yes, this is what I have done on my Saturday night. Blah.


No comments:

Post a Comment