Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Great Burger-Off

I want to make sure you don't have your hopes up that this was an awesome cooking challenge I competed in or orchestrated.  This was something farrrrr more pathetic.  Chris and I decided, because I had a bunch of 2-for-1 coupons, to do a little fast food burger taste test.

The competitors were: Wendy's Dave's Hot 'n Juicy 1/4 lb, McDonald's Big Mac, and Burger King's Whopper, seen from left to right below.


In case you wanted to compare packaging as well, here's what they look like all locked up.  Burger King won for heaviest bag, seriously that thing was like 5 pounds.  Also let it be know that 1 in 4 really does win.  Out of our 4 tabs, we won 1 McFlurry. Success!


I would also like to let you all know that this was my first time consuming any of these products.  Since I thought I should mark the momentous occasion of my very first Big Mac, I had this lovely photo taken of me.


And now the moment you've all been waiting for... the winner is..... The Whopper!  We both decided that that flame broiled taste, which is probably painted on somehow, made this burger the most delicious.  This probably should come as no surprise, but the winner also happens to be the burger with the highest calories.

UPDATE: since we didn't have mayo on our Whoppers we saved a whopping 160 calories! Making the Whopper the burger with the LEAST calories.  Crazy world kids.  Just goes to show you, say no to the mayo.

The major disappointment and big time loser in this competition was the Big Mac.  Seriously that thing was just a wet, soggy, icky mess.  And shredded lettuce!? Ugh shredded lettuce is just asking for a mess, no thank you.  It was the only burger that I was totally finished with after 2 or 3 bites.

The Wendy's 1/4 lb. was a good competitor, it won best bun and some bonus points for using red onion instead of the harsher tasting white onion the other two used.


Here is a shot of the carnage strewn about the kitchen table.  Notice we got a fry at each place too.   Burger King fries were the hands down loser.  They tasted almost furry.  McDonald's fries are delicious but unfortunately 2 minutes after being out of the bag they were ice cold.  I might have to give Wendy's the crown for best fries, but don't hold me to it.

So yeaaaaaaaaaaaa my Friday night was probably way cooler than yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment