Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Broccoli Cheddar Mashed Potatoes

I just want to warn you, I wasn't feeling funny when I sat down to write this post last night and I can't say I'm feeling incredibly humorous tonight either. I shall apologize for the straight forward un-entertaining post.

This is a side dish I made to go alongside some burgers.

I boiled the potatoes for a while and dropped the package of frozen broccoli in for the last few minutes.  You can see I kept the skins on, we like our mashed potatoes chunky and in the flesh.


I mashed up the broccoli and potatoes with butter, a splash of half and half, and sour cream.  Then I dumped in a cutting board load of cheddar cheese and seasoned with salt and pepper.


Things got fancy on Monday night: we put the potatoes in a serving dish instead of right outta the pot.  Classy stuff going on right here everyone.


The final image I leave you with is in the icky lighting portion of my kitchen.


It was nice to have the starchy side and the vegetable all in one dish.  These were a hit.  If you aren't the kind of cook that flies by the seat of their pants you can see some recipes that inspired me here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment