Friday, August 30, 2013

Potato and Mozzarella Croquettes

Have you ever eaten a potato croquette?  I have them very rarely, but every time I eat one I am taken aback with how freaking good they are.  Recently I had one at Fiamma that I just can't get out of my head.  That's what made me decide to give these a whirl.  That and the fact that whenever I'm on vacation I'm always looking for a project I would never have time for during the week.

This recipe comes from Food and Wine.  The recipe looks long and daunting, but it really doesn't require a lot of skill.  It's just time consuming.

IMG_8559

Note: I do not have a food mill, I used a cheese grated to break down the potatoes after they cooled.  It worked very well.

IMG_8560

Was it worth the 2 hours?  Yes, for sure.  These were exactly what I wanted them to be.  Soft and fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside.

IMG_8562

I can't believe I made potato croquettes!!  Now I need to have a formal dinner party to dazzle some guests with these.

2 comments:

  1. These look fantastic. Just ate dinner and they're making me hungry again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Make them for dinner tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete